- I wonder, what for did you upload File:Encyclopedia EAs v10 alt versionEdit ac edit2a.docx? --Boris Tsirelson 18:25, 13 August 2012 (CEST)
The upload was an error. I am surprised the upload occured as there was an error message on my side saying it had failed.
- Also it could be more convenient to create your personal sandbox and use it for drafts (rather than your user page). --Boris Tsirelson 22:28, 13 August 2012 (CEST)
Sandbox and a thank you
Txs for the heads-up about the sandbox. I have found it very useful this morning. And I will contact Ulf about the misposted items.
- Nice, but I see that you did not use my redlink, but instead typed in a different name. I just moved it. Now it is called User:Tgawa63/sandbox, thus it belongs to your userspace. The old name Tgawa63/sandbox belongs formally to the mainspace, and means formally "a supplement to the article on Tgawa63", which was not intended. --Boris Tsirelson 18:30, 14 August 2012 (CEST)
I have the genetic algorithm paper in the sandbox and it is complete but for 2 very important things: 1)I cannot make certain symbols appear as bold or italics for example, how to do so is my question 2)all of the formulas are coming over in TEX format with some appearing ok but others getting broken into multiple pieces so one part of the formula is on 1 line while the continuation is on the next, how to fix this. Pls excuse my inexperience and naviete in asking these questions.
- Unfortunately, in many cases I really do not guess which effect do you try to produce. Anyway, I did some changes on my copy of your text here. Please look (to this end, click the blue word "here") and, if you like, copy it back into your sandbox. I did not finish this work, but probably you can continue it yourself. Do not hesitate to ask. It seems, you did not use TeX before; really? --Boris Tsirelson 22:49, 20 August 2012 (CEST)
- And please sign your messages (on talk pages) by four tildas: ~~~~. --Boris Tsirelson 22:53, 20 August 2012 (CEST)
- There are several problems here -- you are putting displayed math in the middle of a line, but Wiki syntax interprets 4 space indentation as being a quote. I have fixed the first to cases of this in your sandbox, please look at the source --Jjg 19:33, 24 August 2012 (CEST)
Tgawa63. Encyclopedia of Mathematics. URL: http://www.encyclopediaofmath.org/index.php?title=Tgawa63&oldid=27737