Future Site Development: (Requires Prioritization)
Feedback – Development Items
- New User landing environment (welcome template / info page) with admin-configurable defaults
- Some Administrator rights should be granted to Editorial-Board members as well
- List of rights: Mark pages as patrolled.
- Only encyclopedic articles (only the items that will eventually be in the Main name space) should appear in the “Pages A-Z” list. This is closely related with the next item:
- Reorganization of Namespace:
- Main should only contain encyclopedic articles
- Rename Encyclopedia of Mathematics namespace to EOM
- Place all non-encyclopedic pages in the EOM namespace
- Place the project talk page at “EOM:Talk:This Project”
- Modify CSS in order to wrap article text to match viewport width.
- Grant users the right to edit pages within Talk namesubspaces.
- Administrators should have the ability to change the editing restrictions on a particular page independent of namespace rules.
- History pages should display time stamps in UTC not CET (only if this is the wikipedia standard).
Requested Wiki Extensions
Requests for Software Extensions
- The 'Asymptote' Extension Has now Been Added
Requests for Information
- More detail about how to use the rights listed under administrator on [Special:ListGroupRights]
Notes relating to user intro pages
(Taken from an email by Ulf sent on 12/4/2011)
“Here is my intro page on en.wikipedia.org: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Urehmann
It allows me to say something about me. I have almost left it as it was, except that I modified a bit the part "About me".
Here is the user page of some colleague, which is much more elaborated: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Tsirel
What I think of is that we draft a template page (which is edible by me) a copy of which appears as a template for each new user, allowing to give a little info. For example, there should be a field which informs about the special research fields of the user, in keywords as well as in Math Subject Classification.
Also, there could be a field in which the names of pages could be included for which the user (e.g., an editor) could list the pages for which the user feels responsible.
So: As a template, the page should be edible by me, and the local copy should be edited by the user.”
Nbrothers. Encyclopedia of Mathematics. URL: http://www.encyclopediaofmath.org/index.php?title=Nbrothers&oldid=27027